Saturday, December 02, 2006

ebbs & flows

The baby has started a new trend of kicking all the time now (well, except when my Mom is around and she wants the baby to kick). My Mom is so cute all (while putting her hand on my belly), "This is Grandma." To which the baby replies with a big old nothing. Anyhow, as I said, the baby is kicking all the time now which is cool in itself, but the best part is that it is really visible. My entire stomach moves now when he gets on a roll.

Thursday night Josh and I were kicking back on our reclining love seat and the baby was going to town kicking and squirming. It was so repetitive and obvious that I looked down and saw my entire stomach go up and down—several times. Of course, for me the best part is that Josh got to see it too when it first happened. It's great that he's here for all the milestone movements—I imagine it helps that the baby likes to move a lot at night when we are both home relaxing.

I'm working on capturing the movement on video. When I get enough good footage shot, uploaded to the laptop and edited into a reasonable timeframe (with all the boring waiting shots edited out) I'll work on getting it posted here. Until then, I'm just going to enjoy all the kicking and have a talk with the baby about performing next time we are with my Mom.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dawn @ Bent, not broken said...

So cool!!!! Wow, if you do get footage that would awesome to see!!! Take it easy!

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about you lately! I have a friend who found out she was pregnant just a few days before you did... is due just a few weeks ahead of you. They registered at Babies R Us and guess which bedroom set they picked out? Yeah, Zanzibar. I bought them the mobile. I ordered it off the 'net and it came yesterday. Very cute! So of course I was like, hey, Pixie would want to know about this :P

6:48 AM  
Blogger egan said...

A baby boy, how exciting. You must be brimming with anticipation.

11:54 AM  
Blogger Lynda said...

The baby won't kick for Grandma!?

Go to your womb!

(sorry, couldn't resist.)

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home