Tuesday, November 07, 2006

my head is spinning

Since the weather is really crappy here today and Josh had the day off of work, we decided that today would be a good day to go and register for baby gear. We went to Babies "R" Us and started our registry. That's right STARTED, but not finished. It is so overwhelming in there and in the two hours we were there, we only made it through half the store. We were totally burnt out and hungry and both agreed to stop and come back at another time.

Not that it wasn't fun, it's just so much to absorb in one pass. Especially the infant care section which is where you really start. Bottles, pacifiers, baby washes, bibs, thermometers, etc., etc., etc. And loads of it. I think we were in that section alone for at least a half an hour. Then it's car seats and strollers. How do you decide what to get when you have no idea? We never made it to the clothing section, the furniture stuff (except for the bedding & nursery theme), or the keepsakes and storage type area. We'll go back another time—or at the very least, add to it online.

For those of you that know us personally, you can check out our registry here. For the rest of you, well maybe if you email us, ask real nice, and promise to send us something, I'll let you in on the details for accessing the registry.

8 Comments:

Blogger Brandy said...

Oh I would love, love, love to see your registry! Please!

9:06 PM  
Blogger Dawn @ Bent, not broken said...

It's overwhelming isn't it? lol About the strollers/carseats. The travel systems are pretty cool. It all depends on what features fancy you most. And you really get what you pay for, that's for sure. And some things we got before James was born we never used. Seriously, never used. Go easy on the clothes because your little guy will grow unbelievably fast especially in those first few months. We skipped the fancy cute outfits because none that we've seen are "no fuss". Everyone, even me, will have their own opinions of which products are better. LOL But, I can tell ya this too, we've tried lots of brands and varieties of things (wasted alot of money) so feel free to let me know if you ever have a question about something. Good luck!! ;)

11:44 PM  
Blogger Cupcake Blonde said...

I'll have to email you to get your address so I can send you your present...

12:10 AM  
Blogger Dawn Oglesby said...

You can get with me about what to add and not add. I've been though the crash course on how to register with my friends with babies. They have analyzed mine and I'm good apparently.

1:37 AM  
Blogger Tim said...

It took us several trips to several stores to register. You take hours to decide, change it all online later, then you never think twice about it again once the baby arrives.

10:16 AM  
Blogger cerberus70 said...

One suggestion on the srtoller, It is good to have a nice big one like you registered for, but definately get an umbrella stroller for those quick trips to the store or to send to grandmas when she is babysitting. They take up so much less room in the car.

1:26 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

My parents use Quinny for my nephew. They have a very nice folding one they keep in the car.

It is an expensive brand, but really good. It should last through any more kids you may want to have. (If any. I am not assuming anything.) You probably will have the carseat/carrier/stroller set at first, which will be really easy. They got the Quinny after he outgrew the carrier thingy.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Carla said...

BRU is totally overwhelming. We left before I started to hyperventilate.

And then I used the Baby Bargain book to help me create a list. That was a life saver for me.

Good luck!

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home