Wednesday, November 01, 2006

kick off

I've been feeling the little flutters—called quickening—for several weeks now. It was subtle and sporadic, but it was there. About 5 a.m. Tuesday morning, I could feel the Wee One moving all over the place while I was trying to sleep.

Last night we got hit with the first big one. Josh and I had just finished dinner and were kicking back on the couch watching some television. Our couch has recliners built into it and I had the leg rest up and was rubbing my belly. I felt a little movement and mentioned it to Josh. A few seconds later, the right side of my stomach was privy to a BIG visible kick! It was incredible. The best part was Josh was right there and had his hand in the perfect spot to not only feel the kick, but see it too. I hope this starts to happen more often because it ranks up there with one of the truly awesome parts of this fabulous process called pregnancy.

10 Comments:

Blogger Dawn @ Bent, not broken said...

You felt a kick!!! Yay!! Seriously. Now the fun truly starts! Trust me, ..lol the baby will move around so much now. A few days may go by, you may not feel anything, and that's okay! But by the third trimester where it gets really crowded in there, you'll be seeing elbows, feet, and whatever else belongs to the baby, kicking and stretching your belly. Enjoy! ;)

10:16 AM  
Blogger Kym said...

That is the best part of the pregnancy - feeling the wee one in there moving around! Crazy to think that in a few shorts months you will get to meet the little bugger who wakes you up in the middle of the night with those strong legs and arms!

1:45 PM  
Blogger Dawn @ Bent, not broken said...

I wanted to correct what I said earlier! I just realized that you're just about 20 weeks..lol So, ignore what I said about not feeling anything for a few days! That was horrible advice. Once you reach that time you should be feeling your little linebacker everyday. OKay..sorry!

3:51 PM  
Blogger Audrey said...

What week were you when you felt the first flutters? I am not sure if I am feeling them or not. Should I feel something now?

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That used to be my favorite thing in the world. Watching my now ex wife's stomach move around with my precious one inside.

I know you and Josh enjoyed that!

10:51 AM  
Blogger Holly {ArtistMotherTeacher} said...

Audrey—I would say between weeks 14 and 16 I first started feeling the flutters. However, I had to be lying still with my hands on my stomach applying a little pressure. You may be feeling them now, but it's so subtle at the beginning you could just think it's gas. Give it a few more weeks and you will really feel it.

11:52 AM  
Blogger The Boy said...

It is good, but sometimes gets a bit disturbing! I still remember vivdly we had our fist alien trying to get out moment. Just wait darling, when its all legs and arms pushing out from all sides! Freaky...

7:19 AM  
Blogger Cupcake Blonde said...

That is so exciting!! Hearing you describe it makes me want to experience it myself.

2:09 AM  
Blogger cerberus70 said...

my wife used to sit there with a bowl of cereal resting on her belly watching the ripples in the milk from the baby moving, SO COOL!

10:03 AM  
Blogger Lynda said...

That's awesome!

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home