Monday, November 20, 2006

159 days gone by

Today was my five month prenatal checkup. Things seem to be moving along nicely. I'm measuring 25 cm and am 22 weeks and 5 days along. That's a few days ahead of my calculations. The baby's heart rate was in the 140's and sounded strong. That's my favorite part of the visits right now. Hearing that sound brings a big smile to my face every time. I'm now averaging a pound a week weight gain, which the doctor said is right on.

The whole appointment only lasts a few minutes right now, but I suppose that's okay because it means everything is normal. My next appointment will be on the 15th of December and at that appointment I'll get the lab work to have the glucose screening done. I'm hoping Josh will be able to come to my next appointment so he can meet the doctor and hear the heartbeat again.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Congratulations!

I hear glucose screening is really blah, though. I haven't ever done it but it sounds alot like the glucose stuff we did in physiology class back in my college days.

Good luck. ?

9:07 PM  
Blogger cerberus70 said...

159 days? That does not seem possible. it can't be that long! Really for me, your pregnancy has been no problem at all.

12:40 AM  
Blogger Holly {ArtistMotherTeacher} said...

Cerberus—Believe it. 22 weeks x 7 days per week + 5 days = 159 by my calculations.

Jen—From what I understand I have to drink a whole lot of a really disgusting and sugary beverage than wait around for it to work it's way through my system before the "test" portion (which is probably blood work) takes place.

5:03 PM  
Blogger aughra said...

Glucose tolerance isn't that big of a deal - now a days you only have to wait an hour, unless there are complications, when I had my first son you had to do the three hour no matter what.

My appts with my new son were quick and easy right up to the end, when they discovered that he was breech and I had to have a C. At first I freaked out, because I had a hard labor with my first, and was hoping to have a nice natural, beautiful experience with my second. But it didn't happen, and the C wasn't so bad - the recovery was nothing, and it was pretty great knowing exactly when the baby was going to be born.

9:32 PM  
Blogger Studio P Photography said...

I remember everyone telling me how horrible the sugary drink was but it tasted like nothing more than Sprite to me. I still can't figure out why everyone said it was so disgusting. And it's not that much you have to drink anyway. They take your blood when you get there & then you drink the stuff, wait an hour & they take it again & that's it. I remember though they didn't tell me before hand that I'd also have to do a urine test & I went right before leaving home (as any preggo would do!) so that was a bust b/c I couldn't pee on command for the lab test 10 min later. But the glucose screen was nothing.

10:38 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Yes. It tastes terrible. And the forcing yourself to drink it all is the worst part. That's exactly what we had to do when we did it in class. It's like Gatorade, only much, much worse. Gatorade on a sugar high, on steroids.

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home