Friday, March 16, 2007

39 weeks

One week to go until my official due date. Let's just call it done and get this baby out. We are so ready to meet the Wee One we can hardly stand it. Calls are now coming in at a regular basis wondering if we've had the baby yet. Nope. Still Waiting. I've never been so disappointed to say "I'm fine" when asked how I'm feeling. I want to be in labor. I want to be at the hospital. I want it to happen this weekend.

Yesterday was a day full of contractions and hopefullness. They started at 8:00 yesterday morning and made their appearance every 30 minutes until around 5:00. At that point they subsided and only graced us with their presence once an hour or so until 8:00 pm. Then they picked up speed again and got us really excited by showing up every 15 minutes until around 10:30 last night. Then they stopped. Or, at least they weren't strong enough to wake me up through the night. I've had a few today, but nothing like they were yesterday.

The Wee One has been really active today and I hope he is migrating into a position ready for descent. He's been head down and presenting for a couple of weeks now, but as of Tuesday I was still just dilated to 1-1.5 cm with no real change from the week before. Keep sending us good vibes that the baby will grace us with his presence this weekend.

Taken this morning fresh out of the shower. Don't I look ready?

8 Comments:

Blogger egan said...

I'd say you're ready alright. Wow, this is going to be the tough part for me as well. Waiting, waiting, and more waiting. Good luck with everything Pixie.

1:04 PM  
Blogger Dawn @ Bent, not broken said...

Wishing good thoughts for you guys over here in MD!! (and it would be pretty cool to have a weekend baby! You'd be back home by Mondayish..LOL)

9:48 PM  
Blogger Naynayfazz said...

I'd say so! I will be checking back to see if anything happened. The contractions are a good sign you are almost ready. I remember some of the childbirth class my sister went to. They taught us how to time contractions.

6:56 AM  
Blogger Kym said...

hey girl, wishing you a quick and safe labor! Get this boy out already, we want to meet him :-)

9:40 AM  
Blogger Mad Ethel said...

I had to run over here and check to see if you had the baby yet - you said you were in the nursery reading a book to the baby. Not long now! My friend's due date is the 18th. She's really uncomfortable, but the doc said Emma hadn't dropped yet and her cervix wasn't dialated. I hate waiting!

5:10 PM  
Blogger Cupcake Blonde said...

since there was no new post on your other site I had to check if you had the baby yet. This is so exciting!! You certainly look ready. So how soon will we find out? I can't imagine you bringing your laptop into the delivery room! :)

9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you look fit to burst! *Crosses fingers that he'll wait until the 24th!* haha

10:49 AM  
Blogger Lynda said...

I have been waiting to hear. I even checked earlier this weekend, to see if there was any new posts or anything.

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home