Wednesday, February 14, 2007

you can't come yet, I don't have my list done

Things I still have to do before this baby comes:
  • Pre-register for the hospital
    • Fill out paper work
    • Copy insurance card
    • Send in
  • Pack for the hospital
    • Find bag
    • Print lists of things to pack and cross-reference because I'm anal
    • Make list of own
    • Buy disposable/travel items (toothpaste, toothbrush, etc) which will be thrown away at hospital per the advice of The Life and Times of a Labor Nurse
    • Pack something/everything/anything—just start already
  • Car Seat
    • Buy one (if we don't get one at the baby shower)
    • Install it
    • Have it checked by KISS (Kids in Safe Seats) at hospital
  • Baby Shower!!
    • It's on the 24th
    • I can't wait!
    • Then we can finally finish the nursery and assess what we still need to buy.
  • Write Birth Plan for hospital
    • "With this birth I'd like to try..." (per our childbirth class instructor)
    • Things to include: no episiotimy if possible, prefer Nubain over an epidural, want to try alternative birthing positions like squatting, want to be able to walk around labor & delivery room, etc...
  • Call the pediatrician we want for the Wee One
    • Check that he is accepting new patients
    • See what we have to do to secure him as ours
  • Don't Panic

10 Comments:

Blogger The Frog Princess said...

I was going through the list checking off everything to make sure I've done it. I hope we can have everything done before they get here!

10:05 PM  
Blogger mrstrace said...

The last one is the most important, though, right? 42!!

Err, just ignore me if you're unsure about the significance of 42.

You'll do great :)

Oh, and I read in your other blog about the delayed Valentine's celebration. That sucked :( Glad you got to be together eventually, though. Sounds like you had stuff keeping you busy while you waited, at least!

1:47 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

Take a deep breath. Things will all work out.

2:13 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Lists are a great idea :) I like the last item too :) I'm working on that one right now, as with 5 days left, I can hear a clock ticking in my head!

8:18 PM  
Blogger Holly {ArtistMotherTeacher} said...

blackbyrd—42. As in 42 weeks? If I go that long I'll get induced. Or is it something else? Enlighten me.

8:47 PM  
Blogger Holly {ArtistMotherTeacher} said...

blackbyrd—Or are we talking about Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy 42? That seems more like something you would reference. Am I getting warm?

8:50 PM  
Blogger Dawn @ Bent, not broken said...

Hey, and don't forget to bring the Playstation. Oh wait, that was on husband's list. grrrrrr...LMAO Everything will work out wonderful. One thing that someone suggested to me before I had my first was to fill the freezer with easy to heat up foods (mmmmm..Marie Calendars). That was a GODSEND. Good luck! ;)

10:13 PM  
Blogger mrstrace said...

Yeah, Hitchikers. That DOES seem more like something I would reference, doesn't it? :P

6:45 AM  
Blogger Dawn Oglesby said...

I had the same list and you would be surprised at how fast you can get most of it done. I started packing and will finish up this weekend. Good advice on throwing away stuff from the yucky germ ridden hospital. I'm assuming that's the reasoning. You will get it all done though so don't stress. And picking a pedi isn't the end of the world either. If you don't like someone, you just find another like you would for yourself. The main thing here is to find one that will go to the hospital we are using because of distance. Even if we don't find one that will, the hospital will find the guy on call and he'll discharge the baby.

9:27 PM  
Blogger Naynayfazz said...

Can you imagine if you're car seat was checked out by the real KISS? Woah, I would pay to see Gene Simmons checking the safety belt in full makeup. :)

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home