Friday, March 09, 2007

38+ weeks

Just 13 days until my "official" due date. To say I'm ready NOW is a gross understatement. I've been ready since I hit full term at 37 weeks. My fundal height is now at 40.5 cm up from 38.5 cm last week. Um, yeah, so I've grown a bit in the last week. I'm dilated now to a good 1 – 1.5 centimeters, not inducable, but progressing.

Josh is on spring break next week and his season for work hasn't officially started up yet so having the baby this weekend would be ideal. Unlikely, but ideal. That way we would at least have that first week together without outside obligations. Work is getting more difficult for me as the days go on since I'm not really getting much sleep and being on my feet (or even sitting in one position) for long periods of time is difficult.

The doctor is only in Monday and Tuesday of next week so instead of my usually Friday appointment, I'll be back in on Tuesday. That's only 4 days from the appointment I just had today, but I hope it's enough to show some significant progression. I could have waited until next Friday and seen another doctor but I like my doctor and don't want somebody else checking my cervix at this point. Most of my modesty is out the window at this point, however, I am still hanging onto that thread of dignity and would just rather go in earlier in the week. Plus, my doctor is awesome. She's always smiling and is very sweet.

4 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

Then here's to hoping The Wee One comes this weekend!

And I don't blame you for wanting to see your own doc. I'm pretty particular about those things myself, although my own modesty went out the window about a year ago when my RE decided to bring a fleet of med students into the room for my hysterosalpingogram. I think it was special for all of us.

11:14 AM  
Blogger Lynda said...

Hey, you gotta be comfortable. You could talk to the wee one, but you know, it would just be an early start to years of not listening.

;-)

3:06 PM  
Blogger The Frog Princess said...

I'm so excited for you! All I can say is get as much sleep as humanly possible. ;)

4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not even this excited when someone I actually know is having a baby!!!!! can't wait to see him!

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home