Sunday, December 24, 2006

27 weeks

Went Friday for the glucose test. It really wasn't bad at all. The first thing they did was a finger prick to get a bit of blood for the pre-monitor. Then the technician handed me a 10 ounce cold bottle of orange liquid and said, "You need to drink this all within 5 minutes." No problem. It just tasted like Orange Sunkist that had an extra dose of sugar added to it. As soon as I was done, they noted the time and had me sit in the waiting room for an hour. Josh was with me and we ran into our nephew's aunt (on his mother's side and no relation to us) who was there for the same testing. We all chatted and looked at the reading material available so the hour went by relatively quickly. Then the technician called me back and took two vials of blood from my arm. That was it. I imagine I'll get results sometime towards the end of the week.

Childbirth classes start this week. I'm actually really looking forward to these and hoping they help clear up some questions and concerns I have about pain control through labor. I'm still feeling good physically although sleeping is getting tougher and my back is starting to hurt a bit at night. The baby kicks all the time now and we get tons of pleasure out of just staring at my stomach watching it move. We went to the annual family Christmas party at Josh's uncle's last night and got lots of "Congratulations" from all the family we only see once or twice a year. Of course they were all surprised since I'm 7 months along and most of them didn't know. That's where the picture below is from. The last Christmas of the two of us as just a couple. Unbelievable that we have less than 13 weeks to go!

2 Comments:

Blogger Dawn @ Bent, not broken said...

Yeah, the childbirth classes are pretty invaluable. They definitely made me feel alot more comfortable with the idea of actually having to push out a human being. LOL Plus, because there were lots of other couples there (first timers even) that was pretty cool. You all have a Merry Christmas!!!! =)

10:33 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

You two look so happy!

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home