Monday, August 21, 2006

3 things I've learned in the last 9 weeks

  1. Morning sickness sucks big time.
    a. Sea-bands rock. I don't care if I look like a punk-rocker wearing them.
    b. Saltines are your friend. Although I won't be sad if I never eat another when it's all said and done
    c. So are ginger-ale & caffeine free Coke.
  2. Never underestimate the power of a nap.
    I was never the type of girl who would just take a nap in the middle of the afternoon. I never woke up refreshed and didn't see the point of it.
    I have changed my outlook on this one. As a friend of ours says, "You're climbing mountains." meaning my body is working so hard creating this baby, it gets exhausted easy. All hail the afternoon nap.
  3. Wow, are the dreams I have now vivid.
    There have been lots of times in the past when I've had vivid dreams that I could remember. Nothing like the ones I have now though. Almost every night I have some sort of obscure & extremely detailed dream. There isn't one occuring theme, it's all across the board. Some aren't half bad either.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Huh, I've never heard the dreams one before.

And now for the massive cliche: Well, you are dreaming for two now!

10:36 AM  
Blogger Holly {ArtistMotherTeacher} said...

Sarah—The dreams are really out there sometimes & the details are amazing. I've read that this will happen, so I know I'm not just making the connection arbitrarily (sp?).

11:34 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

You've probably already been told lots of anti-nausea tricks by everybody.
If I ever decide to venture into that realm, I'm totally looking into some ginger lollipops I read about in a fitness pregnancy magazine once. I'm willing to try it all.
My friend thrived on some kind of tea her Chinese-American SIL swore by;
I would totally be popping peppermint candies or swabbing myself with the essential oil since it helps my little sis with carsickness and is a good way to ease your stomach after a huge meal (there is a point to after-dinner mints after all...);

I'd also be grating ginger root and adding it to whatever or boiling it to make tea or however it is that that is supposed to work.

Ummm...dairy- to coat your stomach like Pepto does- yogurt, milk, ice cream...

Can you tell I'm completely clueless?

Look me up when you reach the "how to recover from pregnancy" stage. I'm better at that.

8:24 PM  
Blogger Cupcake Blonde said...

Here's something to thnk about...do you think the baby has the same dreams as you? That would be cool!

8:37 PM  
Blogger Fantastagirl said...

If it gets too bad (like you start losing weight) perhaps ask the doctor if there is something that you can take.

Saltines, small sips of water, taking it slow to get out of bed all help. and you will appreciate the naps even more after the little one arrives!

9:12 PM  
Blogger cerberus70 said...

With our first one, my wife had very little morning sickness. Except for the potatoes. We were not allowed to have any form of potato in the house. She would just smell one and sprint for the bathroom. Thank god she did not react that way to beer!

1:28 PM  
Blogger EV said...

Wow, I had no idea - congratulations!! It's a life changing experience for sure. I was doing my OB rotation at the time and delivered my daughter. I'm so happy for you two. ;-)

10:15 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Pixie:

The Sea bands work??? I am so so jealous!! I wore them for four months and they didn't do much for me, but the saltines did and my Mom's swiss steak. Morning sickness is a good sign. Keep reminding yourself of this.
V of F

10:35 PM  
Blogger Holly {ArtistMotherTeacher} said...

VoF—they actually were quite helpful, especially when we flew to AZ. I do have to keep reminding myself that the morning sickness is a sign of a healthy pregnancy, that's what everyone keeps telling me.

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home