Thursday, August 17, 2006

the day we found out

It was a month ago today that we found out the news that would change our lives forever. Here is what I wrote just an hour after I found out.

Monday, July 17, 2006

I just had a feeling. A feeling that I've had for at least of week now. A feeling that I just had to have concrete evidence of. But was it too early? Today (or yesterday or tomorrow depending) would have been the first day of the cycle. Could I really find out today?

"I'll just look at them" I told myself. I was out and about and had to stop and get vitamins anyway. So I looked & I decided to get one and find out. No harm in that right? I got chili mac from Ideal Hotdog on the way home and turned the AC on for the first time this year. It's hot out today—94° at 2:30 p.m. I didn't do it right away. I checked the email, read the literature and then off I went.

You are supposed to wait 3 minutes for the results but I could see it before I even got out of the bathroom. Two faint pink lines. I shut the bathroom door and went into the office to wait my 3 minutes. 1:29 p.m. At 1:32 p.m. I opened the bathroom door and what I already knew was confirmed. The two pink lines were dark and bold. Two lines means pregnant!

I knew it. Conceived 4th of July weekend. I just had a feeling. I've been really tired and my boobs were so tender. Josh isn't home yet. I called the Dr. office right away and got myself a myriad of appointments set up. I cannot wait to tell Josh.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey mommy (I'm gonna call you that from now on) there's the blogger in you! writing a post as soon as you find out!

4:29 PM  
Blogger Holly {ArtistMotherTeacher} said...

Sarah—I know, I know. It wasn't really intended for the blog. I just wanted to keep a record of some of my thoughts. I have several days worth and when Josh saw me writing in Arizona he said, "Are you writing a blog post?" Sick.

4:31 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

I want you to know that I am reading but I might often be speechless on this issue, seeing as how I have a complete lack of experience.

5:41 PM  
Blogger Cupcake Blonde said...

I am so excited for you!! How wonderful! I'll have to add your new "baby blog" to my list so I can keep up to date on all your goings-on. I will use it as a reference to weather or not I wish to have a wee one. Since I know you'll be brutally honest about EVERYTHING! :)

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home