Sunday, June 17, 2007

growing up—12 weeks (with video)

Dear Gideon,

12 weeks old. Wow. I know I say that all the time, but it really is mind blowing how quickly the days go by. All the cliches are true: "They grow up so fast." "You never know this kind of love until you have a child of your own." Blah, blah, blah. I guess that's why they're cliches. Anyway, this has been a really incredible week for you. First, we see this face ALL.THE.TIME.


And it rocks.

Along with that you think we are the funniest people around. Especially Daddy this week. He has started playing this game with you where he'll say, "My nose itches (while rubbing his nose.)" Then he'll rub your nose and ask you, "Does your nose itch?" You think that is hysterical!



You've really taken to noticing the world around you. Your vision has expanded greatly and you can see so much more. One of your favorite things to look at are ceiling fans. You are so entertained by the blades going round and round and when the fan is off you'll look at is inquisitively wondering why it's not moving. You're tracking everything these days and when one of us leaves the room you'll follow us with your eyes until we are out of your line of sight. We go outside with you a lot now and you really seem to enjoy it. I think the fresh air and the breezes relax you because you inevitably end up napping when we are in the backyard. When we take walks with you in the stroller you've started to stay awake longer and take in the surroundings. I like that.

You now have almost complete control over your head. You've even started lifting it up off the surface you are on when you are laying on your back. I know that must be hard for you since your head is so big compared to the rest of your body. You're really good at sitting up now to and pretty soon you'll be doing it with no assistance. I feel like any day you'll be rolling over and oh man, will you ever be proud of yourself when that happens.

Nursing has been high on your priority this week and I sure that means you are once again going through a little growth spurt. I hope it's more of a developmental one than a physical one because you are already such a big guy.

The other thing you have graced us with on more than one occasion this week is sleeping through the night. Three times this week you have gone to bed by 10 o'clock and not gotten up until after 5 the next morning. That is awesome beyond words. Please keep it up. Even if you don't, you're down to getting up only once in the middle of the night and I can handle that and still function the next day. But...feel free to continue sleeping through the night if you want. I won't mind.


Love,
Momma

7 Comments:

Blogger Cupcake Blonde said...

I love that first picture and the video is so precious! He is growing up so fast. And you all look so happy in that family photo.

How did your hubby like his first Father's Day?

10:43 PM  
Blogger Dawn @ Bent, not broken said...

OH the giggling I love it!!! The fun has truly started and you will find yourself giggling more and more each day.. I don't care how cliche this sounds, but these days truly are the best of times. Oh, and I noticed the carseat in the cute video clip! We have the same one! We got the matching double stroller too..the best thing evah. lol

10:43 PM  
Blogger naynayfazz said...

Oh my, is Gideon the cutest or what? That video made me get a lump in my throat.I remember when Aidan was so tiny.

9:20 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

That was a sweet post!

10:17 PM  
Blogger Kym said...

I LOVE the pictures...and his little laugh just makes me want to kiss his little itchy nose!!!! Too funny! Happy belated Father's Day Josh, hope you had a great time with Gideon. It really is amazing to look at the weekly pictures of him and see how much he has changed over the last 3 months... really, time does fly and they grow up way too fast. You definitely are enjoying every minute of it, and the journaling here is such an awesome thing to go back to.

7:00 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Flinger said...

What a handsome little man you have!! 12 weeks? I thought the first four went fast. But I'm REALLY looking forward to that "getting up only once in the middle of the night" gig you got goin' on there. Can't. Wait.

12:14 AM  
Blogger Lynda said...

Calem was fascinated with his nose too. That was the first thing he learned where it was when you ask him, "Do you know where your nose is?" I took one of my favorite pictures after touching his nose and making him laugh.

At 9 months, he did the sniffing game. I wonder if Gideon will do that too?

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home